current mood: annoyed
This year please give me a government where the politicians actually:
1) give a shit about their constituents at times other than when they are campaigning for office,
2) work to ensure a FAIR free market economy, not one manipulated by greedy people who already have more money than god
3) uphold the ideals of the US Constitution (including the freedom to love whom we choose and worship as we please so long as we aren't hurting anyone else)
4) know that "supporting American service personnel and veterans" requires more than just lip service
5) understand that the less fortunate in our society truly would prefer a sincere hand UP rather than a begrudging hand out
6) understand that fixing the crumbling infrastructure and maintaining corporate tax breaks and loopholes ARE in fact mutually exclusive
7) understand which category in point 6 is genuinely important
8) understand that corporations and big banks are NOT "people" for the simple fact that it is illegal to buy and sell people
9) understand wanting all US citizens have access to the best healthcare this country has to offer regardless of income is called
being a HUMANITARIAN not a communist or a socialist
10) accept that Rush Limbaugh, Pat Robertson, and Glen Beck are all fucktards who should be scorned not worshiped.
I know this is asking a lot, Santa, but I believe in you because you have a better track record delivering on your promises than those asshats in Washington...
Thank you and have a happy holiday season,
An Average American, Patriot, and Voter